Wednesday 21 October 2009

Nose And Lips Modelling















Here I have used the turbo smooth modifier to make all the edges and lines in my face a bit smoother, to make it look more realistic. I have also created the nose and the nostrils, as well as the lips.

The nose was created by using the edge selector to select the edges on the inside of the hole where my nose would be, and then holding shift using the scale tool to drag out the edges. This meant I could then join the new points up to the correct places. To make it more defined, I used the connect tool to make more polys for me to work with. This made the existing polys that I selected to be cut in half so there were twice as many. I then used the create tool to make the nostrils. I also made sure to use the weld tool on any points which were on top of each other to join the edges up. To make the nose 3D, in the left viewport I dragged out the new points to the correct positions. This made the whole face look a lot more realistic.

To make the lips I basically used the same method, of selecting the inside edges and holding shift and scaling the edges out to make new polys. Then, using the connect tool again I made more polys to give the lips better definition. I then joined up the points and welded them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment